Who we are
The National Reconciliation Movement is a political gathering that includes a number of Yemeni figures from all disciplines and scientific and political experiences inside and outside Yemen. It aims to present a road map to end the war and address its effects, while simultaneously promoting national reconciliation and comprehensive national recovery to reach a just and comprehensive peace that paves the way for building a stable and modern Yemeni state, responding to the aspirations and interests of the Yemeni people.
A peaceful and prosperous Yemen where everyone is equal before the law and an integral part of a harmonious and productive community.
To advocate all stakeholders to come together to restore the Yemeni state in a way that respects local values and international conventions in a reconciliative manner keeping the best interest of all the Yemeni people at heart.
The NRM depends on volunteer contributions of its members and does not receive any financial sponsorship whether from internal or external sources.
The movement covers its operational costs through donations from members of its general committee on voluntarily basis.
The General Secretariat is responsible for the movement’s internal operational and organizational affairs. It consists of:
- The Media Department: supervises and implements the internal and external media activities of the movement
- The Financial Department: oversees all financial-related issues
- The Organizational Committee: is responsible for all organizational aspects, including membership, internal regulations, and coordination between the various components of the movement.
The General Secretariat Team
Dr Hamdan Dammag – Chair
Dr Nadia Al-Sakkaf – Deputy
* * *
- Dr Adel Heneiber – The Organizational Committee
- Adnan Alnadhari – Coordinator
- Ahlam Abdul Rakeeb Sallam – The Media Department
- Anass abdulmomen Al-kharbi – The Media Department
- Aref Alazzani – The Organizational Committee
- Biqam Al-Azzani – The Financial Department
- Bushra Alamri – The Media Department
- Fares Alhemyari – The Media Department
- Qabool Al_Absi – The Media Department
- Safa abdullah obaid – The Media Department
- Salima Al-Ameer – The Financial Department
- Wedad Al-Badwi – The Media Department
In order to achieve our mission, these are the short and long term goals that guide our work:
Establish a national initiative for peace, justice, recovery and national reconciliation
Discussing and consulting all active forces and parties for peacebuilding and ending the war
Calling all parties to end the conflict and change their public messages for peacebuilding and national reconciliation
Providing recommendations and proposals for a comprehensive recovery in the political, economical, security and military fields.
Invite and persuade parties to build trust by taking actions such as releasing political prisoners and lifting the siege on cities.
Guarantee the freedom of individuals movements and ease the transfer of relief and humanitarian aids.
Encouraging parties to participate in discussions and then direct negotiations.
Encourage parties to sign a comprehensive peace treaty.
Prepare a vision with all components for the transitional period.
Participating in opening a public debate on the new constitution and ensuring the issuance of a new constitution that strengthens the values of freedom, justice, equity
Providing national expertise to participate in the preparation in the transitional period in politics, economy, security, law and judicial
Establish a community monitoring and evaluation mechanism for the performance of institutions and proposing interventions to avoid and manage crisis
Establish a civil mechanism to avoid , manage and resolve conflict
Forming a wide board of experts in various fields to consult and advise policy and decision makers
Participating in strengthening and modernizing the education system to stay up to date with the latest scientific and technological developments
Enhancing freedom of speech and expression, and the role of the media in the development process